Sunday, June 14, 2009

an attempt at a thrift list

I decided to make a "thrift list" to help me keep track of things I'm looking for when we're out and about at yard sales.

On my list...
1. a food processor (ours has suddenly developed a crack, so I'm guessing it's not going to last much longer!)
2. copper molds, to add to the collection I have hanging in the sunroom
3. milk glass
4. Star Wars toys (my 6 year old is always watching out for good deals on these, and insisted they be on the list!)
5. bike rack for storing bikes up out of the way in the basement
6. hanging shelf to display a vintage salt and pepper collection we've been given
7. outdoor/deck furniture
8. a garden gnome
9. wood signs for our kitchen (we have two signs right now - one says "COFFEE" - and one says "EAT" - does that say anything about our priorities? I think maybe...)
10. cookbooks - the older the better!

So, yesterday we went to a handful of yard sales, like we tend to do on Saturday mornings. And what did we come home with? Yep - that would be a golf putting game for outside, and a set of decorative copper kitchen tools. Are these things on my list?? No... but one's a toy... and one's copper... so they sort of almost fit. I guess this is what folks mean when they talk about "best laid plans..." LOL - I do love those yard sales!!!

3 comments:

Together We Save said...

I love yard sales too. I just had one myself. Great way to find good deals and to get rid of unwanted stuff.

Gramma& Grampa DeVault said...

I have only been going to thrift stores for about 20 years!!!, I try to buy nothing new, people have way too much stuff, I love helping people downsize

Colleen said...

Thanks for your comments! That's what I love about yard sales and thrift stores - you give a good home to something that someone doesn't need any more - you avoid buying new - and you never know when you might come across a treasure! All good!

Colleen