Saturday, June 27, 2009

a fabulous new farmers' market

Instead of heading out to the yard sales this morning like we usually do on Saturdays, we decided to check out the new farmers' market in Newmarket, NH. I'm really happy we went - not only did we pick up some peas, broccoli, squash, kohlrabi, and spring garlic - but we also got a dozen eggs and a pork tenderloin! I'm definitely looking forward to some yummy meals this week!!

If you find yourself in or around Newmarket, the market's in the Stone Church parking lot on Granite Street - from what I heard, there'll be live music every week, and there's definitely lots of awesome local food! For photos of the market, more information about the bands that will be playing, etc. check out Newmarket Happenings.

3 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Thanks for the scoop on the farmer's market! It's great to have another local option!

Sue

Colleen said...

I like the Portsmouth market, but for us, Newmarket is much more convenient - and I was so excited about the variety they had - definitely an awesome little market!

livinginalocalzone said...

Hooray for finding a new local market! I wasn't able to make it to the farmers' markets yesterday (had to be at work) so I'm hoping to find a new one today.