Saturday, June 6, 2009

yard sale saturday

We went out to Rye, NH today, as there were a whole bunch of yard sales advertised on Craigslist that sounded fun. Since it was still quite cloudy and cool this morning, we figured we'd spend the afternoon in the garden, and take a ride to the shore this morning. Unfortunately, we didn't have any luck finding treasures in Rye (though it was a pretty drive!) - but when we were on the way home, we drove by several unadvertised yard sales. I found these 2 adorable milk glass vases at one house, and this Ironstone bowl at another. I spent a total of $2.00 for all three. Not bad! I have some milk glass pieces from my grandmother, and some others that I've picked up at previous yard sales, so these new pieces will fit right into the collection! The bowl I haven't figured out exactly a purpose for yet... but it's pretty, and for 50 cents, I had to have it!


3 comments:

Virginia said...

Nice! I scored at a few yard sales today as well. I got a pot for canning, a measuring vase and an avocado green Anchor Hocking chip/dip set.

Love the milk glass!

Life Looms Large said...

Those vases are really pretty! Somehow I would have guessed that Rye yard sales would be full of treasures....

Sue

Colleen said...

Virginia, sounds like some awesome finds!

Sue, I thought Rye would be a great place for finding fun things too - but at least yesterday, it wasn't to be. We'll hope for better luck next time, as they say!