Sunday, July 12, 2009

cauliflower popcorn

We made the Cauliflower Popcorn last night, and 6 year old Rb reports that it's "REALLY GOOD!!" I think it was the name that got him - he was looking forward to it all day!

It's super easy to make. I wish I remembered where I found the recipe, so I could give proper credit - I do know it was in a magazine I read, but I can't remember which one. To save time of going back through things, I tend to tear out pages (or pieces of pages) from magazines as I come across things I want to save. Then I recycle the magazines, and file away the recipes, tips, photos, etc. that caught my eye. But here we are - it's just a couple steps, and I agree with my son - it really is tasty!! I liked it much better when it was still hot from the oven - as it cooled, it had less flavor.

Cauliflower Popcorn - Toss 3 cups small cauliflower florets with 2 tbsp olive oil and ¼ tsp pepper. Roast at 450, uncovered, for about 20 minutes or until lightly browned, stirring once or twice. Sprinkle with grated parmesan cheese.

We put it in a big bowl, and it did resemble popcorn - only, as Rb said "more cauliflower-ish" (grin). If you try it, let us know what you think!

No comments: