When we were at the farm picking up our share, we saw bees busy at work -
This evening with some of the cucumbers, we'll be making this recipe for Cold Cucumber Salad - found in several places online including the Food Network site. We make it a few times each year - might not be the healthiest dish, with both mayonnaise and sour cream in it (though we do sometimes substitute plain yogurt for the sour cream) - but it sure is tasty!!
You'll need -
1 teaspoon kosher salt
1 teaspoon white vinegar
1/2 cup mayonnaise
1/4 cup sour cream
1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill
Freshly ground black pepper
1. Peel and slice the cucumbers and put them in a glass bowl.
2. Sprinkle them with salt and vinegar.
3. Cover and let stand for 30 minutes.
4. Pour off the excess liquid and drain in colander for about 30 minutes to allow complete drainage.
5. Add the mayonnaise, sour cream, dill and pepper, and mix well.
6. Cover and refrigerate until serving time.