Sunday, July 26, 2009

sunday shopping

In addition to continued sales on school supplies, we found a couple other good deals at CVS this week.

Kashi cereal and TLC bars are on sale 3/$10, and you get $5 back in Extra Care Bucks if you buy 3. If you print 3 of the $1.50 coupons from Vocalpoint (or elsewhere online), you can get 3 boxes of bars for what ends up being 50 cents total after Extra Care Bucks.

If you also have the $1.00 off Colgate Total coupon from the inserts in today's paper, they have Total toothpaste for $2.88, with $2.00 back in Extra Care bucks. Using the coupon, the toothpaste is "better than free" after Extra Care bucks.

I went to CVS this morning and picked up the Kashi bars and the toothpaste, plus some of the free-after-Extra Care Bucks sticky notes and a couple other little things I needed. This brought my total to just over $20, allowing me to use the $4 off $20 CVS coupon that I got in my email (by signing up to receive CVS emails, I find I get a $4 off $20 coupon at least monthly). Since (with coupons) I spent just over $6 cash out of pocket, and got $9.98 back in Extra Care Bucks to spend next time (plus another $4 off $20 coupon printed at checkout, that doesn't expire until some time in August!), it was definitely a worthwhile trip to the store!

No comments: