Last night for dinner we were looking for something simple and summery, so we tried a recipe from the book From Asparagus to Zucchini (a very awesome book full of great vegetable-oriented recipes, tips, and ideas!).
We had a bunch of tomatoes left from the farmers' market, so I turned to the tomato section, and this recipe caught my eye. It was really yummy - though I think when I took some of the tomato/feta/sauce mixture and put it on top of homemade French bread toast, I liked it even better than I did on the spaghetti. Very tasty!!
Here's the recipe, with thanks to the Asparagus to Zucchini folks, and with a couple little modifications! Enjoy!
You'll need -
1/2 lb uncooked spaghetti
1/4 cup olive oil
2 1/2 tbsp lemon juice
2 cups chopped tomatoes (which worked out to 2 large tomatoes)
salt and pepper
1. Cook the pasta until just tender (as directed on package).
2. While the pasta's cooking, whisk the lemon juice and olive oil together in a bowl, and add salt and pepper to taste.
3. When the pasta's done, drain, and place in a large bowl. Add the lemon/oil dressing and combine well.
4. This is where we deviated from the book - the recipe calls for you to place the pasta on a platter and top with the tomatoes, but we kept it in the large bowl as it seemed easier to serve from there... so at this point, we added the tomatoes on top of the pasta, and mixed it all together so the tomatoes would also get some of the sauce on them.
5. Serve, top each serving with as little or as much feta as desired, and enjoy!