Thursday, September 3, 2009

csa - watermelon!

This week's CSA has watermelon for the first time this year - hooray! We also have beets, lettuce, Swiss chard, carrots, tomatoes, summer squash, peppers, green cabbage, onions, eggplant, and a cucumber. Already last night for dinner we enjoyed a stirfry of summer squash with onions, and a side of sliced tomatoes. Yum! And rumor has it that delicata squash will be making an appearance in the share over the next couple weeks - delicata is my favorite fall squash, and Rb's too. Can't wait!!

3 comments:

Life Looms Large said...

Fresh local watermelon - it doesn't get any better than that!! I'm jealous!!

Enjoy!

Sue

MangoChild said...

Wheee! Watermelon! My CSA doesn't grow fruit, but there is a farm that grows melon around here so I am bound and determined to get some before the summer is out. What is/are Rb's?

Colleen said...

The watermelon was definitely a fun treat - plus the compost worms LOVE melon rinds - they devour the rinds more quickly than anything else we give them!!

Rb is how I usually refer to my son (Robbie) when I'm writing - but I realized after seeing your question that it did sound like I was listing him as another kind of squash!! Sorry about that!!

:-)