Saturday, December 5, 2009

another awesome winter market!

Another wonderful winter market in Rollinsford today!! We ran through the market right after it opened at 10:00 today, as we're busy this afternoon. Last time we went later in the day, to avoid the crowds a bit - and when we got there closer to 1:00 there was plenty of parking and still plenty of fabulous local food!!

Today we picked up the kale, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, eggs, onions, and potatoes pictured above - as well as some ground pork, pork tenderloins and kielbasa. Our items came from Ramsbotham's Farm, New Roots, Meadow's Mirth, Heron Pond, Hollister's Family Farm... I think that's everyone!

There's another Seacoast Eat Local winter market next Saturday - this time in Exeter, NH. I'm looking forward to it - and I'm hoping to have a little more time next week to check out the tables of some of the farms and vendors who we haven't purchased from yet!!

4 comments:

Sara said...

Wish we had a local winter market - I heard there may be one in either Cornish, NH or Windsor, VT - but have seen anything on it yet!

Sara Zoe said...

Oh! I should have gotten the cauliflower the first time around when I saw it - it looks so delicious here and I waited too long!

@Sara - the dept of ag lists that Cornish will have a market on December 19: http://www.nh.gov/agric/documents/WinterFms.pdf

Colleen said...

Hi Sara and Sara!
The winter markets are such a treat - it makes me happy just thinking about all the fresh, local foods that are available even as the snow starts piling up outside!!

The cauliflower was awesome - we baked it with a little parmesan cheese on top, and enjoyed it alongside a roasted Yellow House Farm chicken. All good!!

:)Colleen

John at Cell Phone Recycling said...

Oh! Cauliflower and broccoli are my favorites. Vegetable soup is a perfect idea this winter. Now I am hungry....

Thanks for the recipe tip on the cauliflower, I was about to ask and your recipe is just in time. It sounds delicious, I can't wait to try it.