Friday, May 7, 2010

sheep and wool (and alpaca!) festival

The NH Sheep and Wool Festival is coming up this weekend at the Hopkinton State Fairgrounds. The NEAOBA Alpaca Fest will be running on the same days, same place. I like sheep - but I seriously love alpacas. They're adorable, curious, adorable, friendly, adorable, useful fiber animals. Did I mention they're adorable?? Whenever I'm around them, I can't stop smiling!! And, like llamas, they hum when they're happy. Happy humming farm animals - really, how could that not make a person smile? Anyway, although the weather this weekend in NH isn't looking like it's going to be the best, I'm hoping the rain showers will let up long enough to allow for a good time at the festival. Sheep, alpacas, sheep-herding demonstrations, weaving and spinning demonstrations, craft projects/"make and takes," educational workshops... lots of fun to be had! We'll be there - how about you?

1 comment:

Sara said...

I will be there - tomorrow...